Rumor has it that's one reason they gave up/lost the franchise - didn't want to shell out the $ for modernization required.
Of course it's only rumor...
I just did a search for Holiday Inn Norton to see if anything was written about the one being built. I found some reviews of the old one instead. Only times I stayed there was after going to the Fizz. So I dont remember much except it costing a lot.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserRevie...n_Virginia.html
GO VOLS
Rumor has it that's one reason they gave up/lost the franchise - didn't want to shell out the $ for modernization required.
Of course it's only rumor...
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
I remember a few years back when they remodeled the Fizz to become the Fizz II or whatever they called it. That and remodeling some offices was the last modernization they did to that place. If it wasn't for the Fizz, that place would be even further in the hole than what it is.
My wife and I used to like going up there to eat, it was normally over priced but it was normally quiet and a peaceful meal, not too mention some good cold beer when Doris was the bartender, however, since then we quit going because just about every time we went up there the service and food was horrible. And I don't normally complain.
[IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]
Yeah I used to go there and eat all the time, very good place to eat, if not slightly over priced. They have some great steak, and used to have one of the best angus beer burgers id ever tasted.
Hate the Fizz though!! Loved the restaurant....
Doris is actually kick ass. From What I gather she is gonna be the kitchen or bar manager one at the new hotel.
GO VOLS
GO VOLS
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elp6n</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rumor has it that's one reason they gave up/lost the franchise - didn't want to shell out the $ for modernization required.
Of course it's only rumor... </div></div> By the the dates on the postings it seems you had more facts and less fiction than you knew.
GO VOLS
I love Doris.
Really nice lady.
[I]I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech. [/I]
Bookmarks